Clay has been used as a skin treatment for centuries. A natural gift from nature, clay is mineral-rich, and a safe and gentle alternative to harsh facial treatments such as chemical peels and acids. Clay uses nature's intelligence to absorb dead cells, while maintaining the skin's protective barrier. It uses skin-care superpowers to refine, beautify, and draw impurities from the skin while leaving healthy skin behind.
Dry and/or Sensitive Skin Types
*Beet Root Powder:
- Reduce pore size and minimize dark spots
- Replenish moisture and hydration of the skin
- Stimulate blood flow, increase circulation
- Fight free radicals, exfoliates dead cells and reduces pigmentation
- Rich in antioxidants, increase collagen production and skin elasticity
- Anti-inflammatory, soothe inflamed and sensitive skin
- Combats aging by firming and lifting skin
- Increases cell turnover, encourages younger, smoother complexion
How to Use:
Mix your clay with equal parts raw apple cider vinegar and water. Always use non-metal bowls and utensils to mix your clay. Stir the mixture until it is a smooth paste consistency, feel free to add more clay or liquid as needed. Apply a thick layer of clay to the face or other areas and allow to dry. Drying times are generally 10-15 minutes for sensitive skin and 20-25 minutes for normal skin. You will feel a pulling and tightening sensation as your mask hardens.
Once it has dried, remove clay by washing with warm water or cloth. A slight redness may appear after removing the clay. This is normal and will disappear within the half hour. Follow up with your favorite natural toner and moisturizer.
NBU Bath Botanicals are made with naturally derived ingredients, which in some cases may cause sensitivity in certain individuals. If sensitivity occurs, discontinue use immediately. Products and recommendations by NBU make no claim to cure or prevent any disease or medical problem and is not intended to substitute other therapy or medical advice.