MECCA is an all-natural Colloidal oatmeal mask formulated for eczema, itchy and inflamed skin conditions. Colloidal oatmeal works by attracting and sealing in moisture, also helping the skin retain this moisture. The use of oatmeal in a face mask can help those with dry, sensitive skin achieve a glowing, dewy complexion.
Dry and/or Sensitive Skin Types
- Repair and maintain the skins natural, protective barrier
- Soften and nourish skin, helping it retain moisture
- Protect skin, soothe itching and irritation from eczema and psoriasis
- Non-toxic and non-irritating to sensitive skin
- Anti-inflammatory, soothe irritated skin
- Reduce blemishes, even and brighten skin tone
- Fade spots and help eliminate acne scars
- Rich in antioxidants and protect skin from free-radical damage
How to Use:
Mix your clay with equal parts raw apple cider vinegar and water. Always use non-metal bowls and utensils to mix your clay. Stir the mixture until it is a smooth paste consistency, feel free to add more clay or liquid as needed. Apply a thick layer of clay to the face or other areas and allow to dry. Drying times are generally 10-15 minutes for sensitive skin and 20-25 minutes for normal skin. You will feel a pulling and tightening sensation as your mask hardens.
Once it has dried, remove clay by washing with warm water or cloth. A slight redness may appear after removing the clay. This is normal and will disappear within the half hour. Follow up with your favorite natural toner and moisturizer.
NBU Bath Botanicals are made with naturally derived ingredients, which in some cases may cause sensitivity in certain individuals. If sensitivity occurs, discontinue use immediately. Products and recommendations by NBU make no claim to cure or prevent any disease or medical problem and is not intended to substitute other therapy or medical advice.