7 oz volume
‘Mecca’ is an all-natural Colloidal oatmeal mask for eczema, itchy, & inflamed skin conditions. Colloidal oatmeal works by attracting moisture and helping your skin retain it. The use of oatmeal in a face mask can help those with dry, sensitive skin achieve a glowing, dewy complexion.
Dry and/or Sensitive Skin Types
- Repairs & maintains the skins natural, protective barrier
- Softens & nourishes skin, helping it retain moisture
- Protects skin, soothes itching & irritation from eczema and psoriasis
- Non-toxic and non-irritating to sensitive skin
- Anti-inflammatory, soothes irritated skin
- Reduces blemishes, evens & lightens skin tone
- Fades spots & helps eliminate acne scars
- Rich in antioxidants & protects skin from free-radical damage
Herbs pictured are finely ground into plant powders before combined with clays.
How to Use:
Mix your clay with equal parts raw apple cider vinegar and water. Always use non-metal bowls & utensils to mix your clay; Glass, pottery, or wooden are ideal. Stir the mixture until it is a smooth paste consistency, feel free to add more clay or liquid as needed. Apply a thick layer of clay to the face or other areas & allow to dry. Drying times are generally 10-15 minutes for sensitive skin & 20-25 minutes for normal skin. You will feel a pulling & tightening sensation as your mask hardens.
Once it has dried, remove clay by washing with warm water or cloth. A slight redness may appear after removing the clay. This is normal & will disappear within the half hour. Follow up with your favorite natural toner & moisturizer!
NBU Bath Botanicals are made with naturally derived ingredients, which in some cases may cause sensitivity in certain individuals. If sensitivity occurs, discontinue use immediately. Products and recommendations by NBU make no claim to cure or prevent any disease or medical problem and is not intended to substitute other therapy or medical advice.