1/4-1/2c (2-4 oz) of herbs per steam. Herbs naturally swell in hot water, a little goes a long way.
4 oz (1-2 steams)
9 oz (3-5 steams)
Measured in volume, not weight.
*This herbal blend is lactation safe.
'Mami' is an herbal sitz bath and Yoni steam formulated for birthing persons for healing and restoration after giving birth. 'Mami' features organic herbs that promote womb healing, support healthy cell regeneration, ease soreness and bruising, soothe skin as it heals, and may prevent infection while reducing swelling due to excess fluid. 'Mami’ assists the birthing person with reconnecting and readjusting to womb after birth. Sitz bathing is an act of self-love after caring for baby. All select herbs have anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties.
*Red raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus), *Yarrow (Achillea millefolium), *Calendula flower (Calendula officinalis), *Lady’s mantle (Alchemilla vulgaris), *Plantain leaf (Plantago lanceolata), Pink Himalayan salt
Ways to Use:
- For sitz bath: add ½ cup of herbs to a quart of boiling water. Remove from heat and allow to steep/cool for 15 minutes. Add tea to sitz bath and soak for 20 minutes. Both mama and baby can soak in a warm bath to speed cord and perineum healing, just strain herbs.
- Add sitz bath tea to a Peri Bottle for after bathroom rinse
- Once brewed, pour the herbal bath tea onto pads and freeze for pain-relief
- Use a cool, diluted mix around baby’s cord for healing
It is very important to test the temperature of the bath before using.
Wait until you are 6-8 weeks postpartum before Yoni steaming. For concerns, consult with Physician, Doula or Midwife before Postpartum sitz bathing.
Do not Postpartum Steam if:
• you have an infection or severe inflammation
• you have a fever
• you have an IUD
• you are spotting, bleeding or menstruating
• you have any sores or wounds
NBU Bath Botanicals are made with naturally derived ingredients, which in some cases may cause sensitivity in certain individuals. If sensitivity occurs, discontinue use immediately. Products and recommendations by NBU make no claim to cure or prevent any disease or medical problem and is not intended to substitute other therapy or medical advice.