Yoni Steaming is a very intimate and sacred practice and may be emotional or intense as you release karmic blockages and old stored trauma from your womb. The benefits of Yoni Steaming in the privacy of your own home are you have an opportunity to rest or take a warm bath immediately following, you are able to be hands on with the herbs during preparation and connect with your Womb on a more intimate level. To witness the smell of herbs all throughout your home is a full sensory experience. You will also have the opportunity to be creative, to set your own vibe and tailor your own experience to your desires.
NUMÏS GARDEN aims to support you holistically in:
- Reconnecting with your Feminine Essence
- Reproductive Health, Womb Wellness + Feminine Hygiene
- Regulating Irregular Cycles + Reducing Menstrual Pain
- Conception + Optimizing Chances of Fertility
- Correcting Hormonal Imbalances
- Postpartum Healing + Afterbirth Care
- Healing from Loss + Miscarriage
- Spiritual + Emotional Clearing and Cleansing
- Cord Cutting
- Root + Sacral Chakra Balancing
- Cultivating a sense of Self-Love, Acceptance + Confidence
- WOMB WARMING
HOW TO YONI STEAM
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- a heat safe container (ceramic, glass, stainless steel pot or bowl) do NOT use plastic.
- a saucepan or pot with a lid
- approximately 8 cups of spring or distilled water
- 1/4c-1/2 cup of herbal Yoni Steam
- a blanket or sheet large enough to wrap around your lower body
- steaming seat (optional) ex: folding portable camper's or bedside potty, flat yoni steam seat, footstool/squat potty, wooden crate with removed panel, any seat with a hole for the steam
Find a dim, relaxing and private environment to conduct your steam. Cleanse your space physically and energetically with herbal smoke or incense. Light candles, turn on music and adjust your steaming seat to your comfort level.
Bring 8 cups of spring or distilled water to a boil in a medium sized pot or saucepan. Pour 1/4c-1/2c of herbal steam into the pot, stir and cover with a lid. Turn off heat, leave covered and allow to steep. Transfer to a heat-safe bowl or container.
Position bowl beneath your seat. Ensure there is adequate space between the bowl and where your Yoni will be positioned. Be sure not to sit too close to the steam and test the temperature of your steam before you sit down. The steam should feel warm (not hot) and gentle. If at any point your steam feels too hot, stand up or vent your blanket to encourage some airflow.
Sit on your throne and wrap a large sheet or blanket around your entire lower body to create a tent like environment. Open your womb and your heart to receive the steam and herbal energetics. Set an intention for what you would like to heal, release or welcome into your sacred space. Grab a book, a journal, or simply relax and meditate. This is also a great time to massage your womb with Womb Warming Massage Oil CHI (apply to lower abdomen).
Steam for 15-20 minutes. After Yoni Steaming, we recommend a warm bath or to wrap up in a warm blanket to rest, reflect and relax your body. Process any emotions that have come to the surface and assess your experience.
NO STEAMING SEAT? NO PROBLEM.
If you are able, the ideal position to Yoni Steam is actually kneeling or squatting. This is the most open position of the pelvis, though it may not be an option or comfortable for long periods of time.
You may also alternate between squatting or kneeling into a frog pose with your elbows on a pillow or the floor. This position is a hip opener. There are many ways to Yoni Steam, as long as you are safe, be creative.
AVOID YONI STEAMING IF YOU:
- are pregnant or think you may be
- have acute inflammation or an infection
- have a fever
- have an IUD
- are bleeding, spotting or menstruating
- have any open sores
- To treat menstrual pain, steam at least twice in the week leading up to your moon cycle.
- Do not yoni steam after ovulating if you are trying to conceive.
- Steam twice after menstruation and pre-ovulation if you are trying to conceive.
- After D & E or miscarriage, wait at least 3 weeks before steaming.
- Strain herbs and add water to bath before disposing.
- An herbal Sitz Hip Bath can be used immediately after birth. Wait until you are no longer bleeding to do a Postpartum Yoni Steam.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER STEAMING:
Yoni Steaming seeks to assist the womb in releasing a build up of old tissue and material. This build up may be due to incomplete shedding of the uterus during menstruation and can contribute to a variety of reproductive challenges and concerns. This buildup may contribute to fertility challenges and may prevent the egg from adhering to the wall of the uterus at conception. This old matter may be the reason some experience darker blood at the onset and ending of their cycle. The warmth and increased circulation that results from Yoni Steaming gently loosens this material, allowing the womb to restore and fully cleanse itself.
After your first Yoni Steam, during consecutive menstrual cycle, your body will release this material from your womb. Your next moon cycle may be heavier or longer in duration. Your period may come a few days earlier and it may last a day or two longer than usual, varying in flow and color. You may experience darker blood, menstrual cramps, pass any clots or experience heavier bleeding. Yoni Steaming supports the release of stagnation and buildup within the womb, physically, emotionally and energetically. This is a great sign that your body is cleansing itself. Creating a regimen and consistency is key. As you continue Yoni Steaming, you may notice that consecutive Moon cycles are lighter, shorter, with less menstrual pain, PMS symptoms and overall more pleasant.